Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Garlic tomato thing with a poached egg over toast

I got home last night and I needed to eat ASAP.
I didn't really have anything prepared so I just kinda winged it
I made this Garlic tomato and bacon thing with a poached egg on Whole wheat toast
It was pretty good
I have to perfect the recipe but for a quick meal (mostly organic by the way) it wasn't bad!

1 can of diced tomatoes (I used wild harvest)
3 strips of bacon (I used turkey bacon and it wasn't organic...wah wah)
all sauteed together with spices (garlic, onion powder, basil and oregano)
I made some whole wheat (organic suckas!) garlic toast, covered it in the bacon tomato mixture and topped it off with a poached egg!
I've never poached an egg in my life but it turned out alright. I was pretty proud of myself

Oh and the yolk mixed with the bacon, and tomatoes and all the garlicky goodness was pretty awesome.
Perfect for Brinner (you know, breakfast for dinner) or brunch (followed by a mimosa)

No comments: