Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dinner Last Night

I was exhausted
But I needed to cook. PLUS I got a new grill pan so I had to test it out

I did caramelized onions with a little Clover Honey on low heat in my Dutch Oven

Marinated some lean steaks with some Olive Oil & Kosher Salt

Put together a nice salad with Red Pepper, Cucumber, walnuts, honey mustard dressing, apples and mixed greens

Then I roasted broccoli
Now My husband hates broccoli but for some reason he loves this.

What I do...

Cover a cookie sheet in tin foil
Break broccoli into large pieces (use the fresh stuff) and place onto foiled sheet
Toss some olive oil over it
THEN
Add slivered almonds and flax seed
Take 1/2 cup of water and just kinda toss it around the broccoli
Roast in a 350 degree over until tender

Seriously delicious. I won't make the broccoli any other way now

No comments: