Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Less than 3 months

In less than 3 months I will be getting married.
Wow
Wow
It's funny, even though I dated for long periods of time I never felt like I would be someone that would get married. I thought I would have these long drawn out relationships and never actually settle down.
But I am
and it's good.
It's great.
When I went to North Park where the motto is "a ring by spring" (you know get engaged Spring of your senior year, I was so anti all of that and now, I am one of those people. Yes I got engaged in the fall, and yes it was a year and a half after I graduated but still, I guess I am technically one of those people who went to North park and found the person they wanted to spend the rest of their life with. I guess I do get some grace since the person I am marrying was not my college boyfriend and we did not start dating until almost a year after we graduated, but STILL.
So I guess I shouldn't facebook stalk and think to myself "why the hell is that person getting married? He or she is so young!" since I am one of those people now. And maybe I shouldn't cringe at the idea of so and so from one of my gen ed classes having a baby.

But then again, I am who I am. The thought of marriage is still crazy and the thought of popping out a kid or two in the next few years grosses me out, but in the wonderful words of Will Ferrell "I'M IN LOVE! I'M IN LOVE AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!" And I want everyone to know it. So there.

No comments: